Movement Practice offers unique physical conditioning classes that provide students with strong foundations of physical, mental and emotional awareness.
Movement Practice is inspired by alternative movement methods and based on three pillars:
PLAY involves task and games based exercises. Enjoy your natural ability to move and play like a child.
DYNAMICS involves effort and uncertainty which develops adaptive skills and a holistically functioning body and mind. Gain strength, mobility, speed, coordination and flexibility.
CURIOSITY encourages an open mind, connection with others and personal reflection. This pillar involves training movement sequences while staying open to the possibilities within them.
Here’s a taste of what we get up…
Movement Practice is for you if…
You’ve got a busy mind and feel disconnected from your body.
You are experiencing a creative block.
You don’t like commercial physical training environments or methods.
You are interested in personal development.
You enjoy music, laughing and being a little bit silly OR you want more of this in your life.
Our mission is to EMPOWER YOU PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY AND EMOTIONALLY through an alternative movement practice.
- Tuesdays / 6pm – 7:30pm
- ReUnion Yoga, 29 Sir Lowry Road, Woodstock
- Single class – R100
- *x4 class package – R320
- Bring a friend and pay R50 each
- *Only valid for the month – no carry-over’s. Classes are however transferable, so if you can’t make it, gift it to a friend who can.
Find out more here…
Benefits of regular practice:
- Improves strength, flexibility, mobility and general fitness.
- Improves co-ordination, proprioception and balance.
- Understanding how to feel, move, direct and re-direct energy.
- Brings awareness to quality of breathing.
- Pro Body-positivity.
- Increases ability to focus.
- Encourages problem solving and creative thinking.
- Develops leadership skills and collaborative thinking/team building.
- Shifts mindset and opens the student up to new perspectives.
- Generates greater awareness of self, others, environment and life as a whole.
…and many more!
Please get in touch with any queries. We are open to collaborations and events.
Contact Leilah, to set up regular classes, workshops and/or intensives at your studio, school, academy or retreat:
+27 082 691 3438
Our home-base is ReUnion Yoga & Meditation: