Facilitating with passion and integrity, Movement Practice offers unique physical conditioning classes that provide students with strong foundations of physical, mental and emotional awareness.
Movement Practice is inspired by alternative movement methods and based on three pillars:
PLAY involves task and games based exercises for the pure enjoyment of it. We get to enjoy our natural ability to move and play like children!
DYNAMICS involve a little more effort and unpredictability which develops adaptive skills and holistic physical conditioning. We’re talking Superhuman-in-the-making stuff!
CURIOSITY nurtures open-mindedness, connection with others and personal growth. This pillar involves investigating basic movement patterns and pathways… sequences if you like. We explore the unknown and uncertain, because well, that’s life hey?
Here’s a taste of what we get up to in our adult classes…
We work with adults & youth:
Adults who have an interest in varied movement disciplines and personal growth gravitate towards our approach to physical activity.
Youth between Grades 8 & 12 who enjoy music, dance and other disciplines like martial arts and gymnastics love our fun and fresh classes.
Our mission is to contribute to the positive development, transformation and upliftment of our students through an alternative movement practice.
WINTER MOVEMENT PRACTICE PROGRAMME: ROOT / FORM / GUIDE
A 12 week movement programme to progressively move you through building strong physical foundations, forming greater movement capacity and guiding your movement knowledge.
What the programme offers:
- ROOT: Building strong foundations. Learn the fundamentals of floorwork and technical movement skills. We’ll do the groundwork and excavate simple movement pathways.
- FORM: Forming your body and movement into deeper expression and build on foundations. We’ll apply dynamic physical conditioning tools to build strength and breakdown more complex movement sequences to gain understanding and greater ability.
- GUIDE: Guide your body and individual way of moving with confidence. We’ll integrate your understanding of how your body moves, its physical capacity and your creative preferences. You’ll move consciously from a strong base through choreographic phrases.
- When: Tuesday’s – 6pm – 7:30pm (1hr30min class)
- Where: ReUnion Yoga, 29 Sir Lowry Road, Woodstock, Cape Town
- ROOT– 7/14/21/28 May 2019 / FORM– 4/11/18/25 June 2019 / GUIDE– 2/9/16/23 July 2019
- X2 classes – R300
- X4 classes – R500
- X8 classes – R900
- X10 classes – R1000
- Full programme – R1200
- R170 drop-in / R80 Trial (new students)
- *All class packages are valid for the above dates only
If you’d like to purchase a package, EFT payments can be made to:
FNB / Leilah Kirsten / account number – 62073741293 / branch code – 201509
Please send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKSHOPS & INTENSIVES:
Email email@example.com to set up workshops at your school, academy, studio or retreat.
Extracurricular classes for youth, Grades 8 – 12.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up youth classes at your school, academy or studio.
Benefits of practicing regularly:
- Improves strength, flexibility, mobility and general fitness.
- Improves co-ordination, proprioception and balance.
- Understanding how to feel, move, direct and re-direct energy.
- Brings awareness to quality of breathing.
- Pro Body-positivity.
- Increases ability to focus.
- Encourages problem solving and creative thinking.
- Develops leadership skills and collaborative thinking/team building.
- Shifts mindset and opens the student up to new perspectives.
- Generates greater awareness of self, others, environment and life as a whole.
…and many more!
Please get in touch with any queries. We are open to collaborations and events.
Contact Leilah, to set up regular classes, workshops and/or intensives at your school, studio or academy:
+27 082 691 3438
Starting 26 February 2019, our home-base for adult group & private classes will be ReUnion Yoga & Meditation!